caroline thanh huong

caroline thanh huong
catbui

Libellés

mercredi 19 juin 2013

Nguyên Sa Translated by Wissai June 17, 2013

Da em trắng anh chẳng cần ánh sáng
Tóc em mềm, anh chẳng thiết mùa xuân
Trên cuộc đời sẻ chẳng có giai nhân
Vì anh gọi tên em là nhan sắc .

Nguyên Sa

Your skin's so white that I need no light
Your hair's so gentle that I see no need for Spring
There will be no fair lady in this world
As I already call you beautiful





My suggestion:
Your skin's so white that I need no light
Your hair's so soft that I see no need for Spring
There will be no beautiful lady in this world
As I already named you beauty itself
Reasons:
I think soft hair and soft Spring are better than gentle hair and gentle Spring
(Soft can show physical or mental quality while Gentle is used for mental quality only)
Fair is just above average.  Beautiful is much better than fair or pretty.
Besides, if your girl is fair then other girls can be pretty or beautiful.
The logic is that if your girl is beauty itself, then there is no other beautiful girl in the world.
They can be fair or pretty but not beautiful (top grade)
nhan sắc is a noun, therefore it should be translated as Beauty, not beautiful (adjective)
By the way, Nguyen Sa Tran Bich Lan was my teacher at Chu Van An High School (1963)
Best regards

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire