caroline thanh huong

caroline thanh huong
catbui

Libellés

jeudi 21 novembre 2013

Revolution is My Name by Pantera Presented by the students of Aaron O'Keefe:



http://youtu.be/72572cjqYoc

Revolution is My Name by Pantera

Presented by the students of Aaron O'Keefe: www.aaronokeefe.com


This song was recorded on Saturday, August 28th 2010 at the Saint Claire Recording Company in Lexington, Kentucky.

In order to get multiple camera angles I had the students record the song using a click track. Not only did using the click track help create a better video, but many professional recordings are laid down to a click track. In using this technique to record, the students now realize what is expected from a professional musician in a studio.

Many viewers might wonder why the students aren't jumping around and delivering a great visual performance as well. Playing along with the click track requires a great deal of concentration, so that wouldn't possible for many musicians, especially a bunch of kids....in this case six students ranging in age from 12 to 14.

To record the guitars we used the following equipment:

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier Head
'71 Marshall Superlead 100
'72 Mesa Boogie Mark 1 head
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dimebag Darrell Wah Wah
Dimebag Darrell Distortion Pedal

What we changed...

We left out the first 96 bpm section as well as the first solo. Because the song already contains several tempo changes and a ritardando, I thought it would be best for the students to simplify the arrangement a little bit. We also changed the ending.




We videotaped the performance using two Panasonic AG-HVX200 DVCPRO's.

A special thanks goes out to the following people:

Brian Anderson / Assistant Producer
Jeff Morris / Cameraman
Mike Walker / Guitar Tech
Tom Allen / Photographer
John Quinto / Photographer
Dan Agee / Mixing Engineer
Tim Price / Engineer
Cailon Williams / Assistant Engineer

And of course...the students, for all their hard work!

WANT TO HELP WITH THE NEXT RECORDING SESSION?

To keep the cost of these trips down as much as possible we rely on family and friends to help out. Our next recording session will be in spring of 2011
and we'll be going to Starstruck Studios in Nashville: www.starstruckstudios.com We hope to record "Painkiller" by Judas Priest, "Bat Country" & "Gunslinger" by Avenged Sevenfold, "Bad Horsie" by Steve Vai and "Chain of Fools" by Aretha Franklin. If you're interested in donating your time, please contact me at aaronokeefe@gmail.com We currently need a drum tech, videographers, photographers and video editors. Please send me examples of your work and list the equipment you use. If you're involved in the session, your name will appear in the credits of the video, you can add the experience to your resume and I'll write you a recommendation letter. The next session will be nearly 16 hours long so we will provide meals and if you live in the Cincinnati, OH area we can provide transportation to Nashville. Because students are involved, everyone will need to submit references and I will run a background check on new volunteers.

Thanks

Lyrics
68' into the world born
And the Seventies, a breath after the war
Life was confusing because of my age
Should my eyes open for tomorrow’s gains?
I can't help the way I am
There's no trust and there's no end
What is my name?

(Chorus)
It will never change
So here it stays
Forever is my name

From now on, can't look the other way
Keep in mind and listen to what I say
Take under wing all the ones who are lost
Build up around them an infinite wall
Don't you know just who I am?
Take the hand of wisdom's friend
What is my name?

(Chorus)
It's time to change
It can't stay the same
Revolution is my name
It will never change
So here it stays
Forever is my name

What is my name? (x4)
Forever...

What is my name? (x4)
Revolution...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire